Pragmatic Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) is a practical approach for projects that aligns strategy with opportunity to focus on the right solutions… accelerating agility, efficiency and value.
Pragmatic EPM blends:
- Project management practices, which are supported by the Project Management Institute, to manage the effort within the boundaries of scope, resources and timeframes to produce the product or service
- Lean / Six Sigma continuous improvement methods to conduct Kaizen Blitz events (continuous improvement events) known for their effectiveness in quickly (three to five days) determining the root cause of process problems and aligning the project solutions to the strategic goals of the organization
- Business Process Management to provide the bridge for understanding the process flow, responsibilities, requirements, business rules and constraints to enable the project.
For improvement-focused business leaders, Pragmatic EPM accelerates agility, efficiency, and value for projects because the methods can identify and focus on the right solutions to maintain a competitive edge, realize expected benefits, and effectively plan and execute projects.
Pragmatic EPM blends the leading practices of Lean / Six Sigma, Business Process Management and Project Management to:
- Ensure projects provide the expected benefits and results through automation
- Realize the value of using Business Process Management Suites (BPMS) in project deliverables
- Ensure BPM and/or Lean / Six Sigma projects are sustainable by coaching and mentoring in leading practices and addressing sustainability through a standardized approach to demonstrating value
- Maintain a competitive edge with projects using a process-centric approach to business activity (such as supply chain management, etc.)
- Ensure the success of new, high-stakes, IT-based projects, especially when goals have not yet been quantified
- Provide strategic alignment in projects to address and forecast Return on Investment (ROI), roles, and/or requirements